Ah yes. I have a new TV. It's awesome.
It's in my bedroom, and it replaced a 13" television I had in college, which had been indirectly struck by lightning more than a year ago and ever since hadn't really had a clear picture or much color. Let's just say Matt Lauer and Al Roker both looked jaundiced.
So any TV would have been an improvement. But my new, 19" HD/LCD TV? Hallelujah! I had no idea high def was so amazing. The first Monday morning I had it, I tuned into the Today Show's "Ends of the Earth" feature, so I got to break in the TV with fantastic shots of mountains and oceans and beaches galore. How did I not know TV could look so good? How have I lived so long without it?
Suffice it to say, I'm seriously considering relocating my TV watching from the much larger, but clearly inferior living room TV (in the perpetual icebox that is my living room) to the comfier, cozier, MUCH warmer environs that is my bedroom. All I need is the perfect chair to curl up in and it's a done deal. And think how much I'll save on heat not trying in vain to get the living room up to an endurable temperature! Enough to pay for the TV, of course!
It's a plan.
In other "What's new?" news... Here's something that's not new... the Catalogs. I regret to inform you that my plan to review and discard five a night lasted about two days. They keep coming. I keep stacking them on the counter.
Also, there was a Thanksgiving holiday. It was nice and fun and relaxing and family-filled and I beat the snow back to Des Moines (mostly) and had a quiet, unshowered Sunday in my pajamas during which I made up for all the TV-watching I didn't do while at my parents' house. 90210. One Tree Hill. Real Housewives of Atlanta. Real Housewives of Orange County. Food Network. The Girls Next Door. Brothers and Sisters. The Britney COmeback special on MTV.
So, yeah - I didn't get much else done that day, but it was glorious!!
And now it's December. How did that happen!? I need to get cranking on my holiday spirit. The catalogs aren't doing it. The snow didn't do it. The Christmas music hasn't worked. What's a girl to do to get a little festive cheer going!? Now accepting suggestions.

2 comments:
Peppermint Mocha Coffee Mate Creamer is out on the shelves! Love it with hot chocolate! Gets me in the spirit!
Environs? Nice word. ;-)
Post a Comment