Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Least best holiday moment so far

I'm preparing to travel today and nothing has gone right, including discovering that my tire, which I've been a bit worried about, was nearly completely flat. I drove to three different places to have it looked at before I could find someone who could do it in less than 4 hours.

The waiting was excruciating, only because these were the least professional mechanics ever. Swearing. Yelling. At one point the manager told the guy working on MY tire that he had to go out and shovel. I heard my guy try to argue and he got an "I don't care... go shovel that *$&!"

Lovely.

So my wait took longer. And during that time the manager shared bits and pieces of how exasperating his day had been. At one point, randomly, he asked me if I had a gun. I just looked at him like, "WHAT!?" He suggested if I did, I could put him out of his misery. Yes, happy holidays to you, too, sir. Sorry business is so booming.

And after all that, they claim they can't find anything wrong with my tire. It's now full of air. We'll see how long that will last. On I-80. Wish me luck!

P.S. In answer to your burning question regarding this post, no, I did not have a gun.

No comments: