Every year, every SINGLE year I get fooled by the spring ahead time change. Yes, I think, I lose an hour of sleep - but think about how light it will be so LATE in the day! And it is, and it is lovely. But then that first Monday morning hits and I realize it is now practically pitch black until 7:30 a.m. and it is beyond frustrating. I know it will change... by June it will be getting light at 6 a.m. again and staying light past 8 p.m. and all will be groovy. But right now it's not, and I am ALWAYS caught off guard by that.
This morning I was leaving early (for me) for work. I turned off the light in my bedroom at 7 a.m. and turned the corner to go downstairs only to stop dead in my tracks because I couldn't SEE the stairs, it was that dark. I'm glad I was in a hurry, because I didn't have time to stew about it.
Also, I think it should be a rule that the first day of the time change it needs to be hugely sunny. Because otherwise you lose the rewarding effect of the lingering light at the end of that first day. Sunday was so freakin' dreary here. That poor time change didn't get nearly the attention it deserved! I bet it feels a lot like my blog. :-)
I have to run - preparing for my Wednesday trip to scenic Cincinnati! I am looking forward to reading magazines like People and The New Yorker on the airplane, eating Graeter's ice cream, getting Dunkin Donuts after a middle of the night press check and staying at a hotel that's mere steps away from Tiffany's. Also, our annual shopping trip at Anthropologie. Oh, and getting to see the annual report come to fruition on the press room floor! That is, after all, the reason we'll be there.
Bring it on!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment